Saturday 23 April 2011

Who is the True King of a Guild?

This Week's Blog Azeorth Topic was Who owns a Guild? given to us by Nube from the The Lonely Pally.

He says: "Since Cata started Guilds, matter more. In order to receive Guild benefits. everyone most work for them. In Wotlk, Leaving a Guild meant, changing Guild Tags, in Cata means TIME.
Does a Guild belong to those who lead it?. Should we check Guild Etiquette?"
I have been in quite a few Guilds since I started WoW a few of them are

Crimson Legion: Casual/Social Guild my first ever guild (Current status: Barely Alive)
Brudahoodofassassins: Wotlk raiding Guild but Bad Progression (Current Status: Dead)
Phoenix Reborn: First Up to Speed Progression raiding guild (Current Status: Unknown)
Prima Genia: When Phoenix Reborn began to die an officer left to form his own progression Guild I followed (Current Status: Dead)

After that i went back to the guild I loved and called home Crimson Legion. I was welcomed back as a hero for my conquests in Northrend at the end of Wotlk. Soon after Cata started a few friends were playing on hydraxis (US) so I realm changed 1 month into Cata.

Inglorious Bãsterds: My Current Raiding Guild Inglorious Bãsterds it is 9/12 10man Normal, This Guild I enjoy alot with a fantastic Guild Master and great people. (Current Status: Alive and Raiding)



Now that You have seen a bit of my Guild history you can tell I know a fair amount about how guilds work. Now in Cataclysm the Guild system has been completely redesigned, gone are the days where you can change guilds like you change Mounts. Now you work hard to build up guild reputation so you can unlock all the rewards: Mounts, BoA, recipes, pets and other things not to mention guild perks which add a major bonus to whatever your style of play is.

Even before the change in Cataclysm I don't like leaving guilds because I stay very connected with the Guild and its people but i never regret my Decisions I made. My Thought Process of how Raiding guilds run are like a Kingdom: A Guild Master is the King/Queen the officers are his Advisers, the Raiders are the Soldiers and the Rest are the Civilians/ Population.


But The truest victory my son is stirring the hearts of your people









But if the Population & soldiers don't like the King/Queen's way of doing things then they should be removed from power.

No King rules forever




With that said, I do not believe the Guild Master has all the power of the guild belongs to its people, raiders and officers. The Guild Master is  the Leader no higher power that makes all the decisions and no one can oppose him/her.

The entire guild is helping out in gaining guild experience from the lowliest recruit to the Raid Leaders. Everyone does their part in a guild and its impossible for one guild master to gain the rep , experience and progression by themselves. the task falls to everyone with a Guild tag under their name.



                                       

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment